Traditionally, it is the groom, the Best Man and the Father of the Bride who give speeches at a New Mexico wedding. However, under the influence of the changes that have happened in society over the past few decades, more and more brides choose to stand up and make their own speeches as well.
If you are among these ladies, you want to be sure this moment is perfect – but how do you do that? What to do and what to avoid doing when giving a speech as the bride? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
· DO talk about your loved one. That’s what he would do in a traditional wedding speech, and that’s what you should do too.
· DO thank the closest people in your life. And yes, you can totally incorporate one or two anecdotes in this part of your wedding speech, instead of just naming the people you want to thank.
· DO talk to your loved one about your speeches. You don’t have to completely ruin the surprise for each other – but do mention the stories and the people you will discuss in your wedding speeches, just to make sure they aren’t too similar.
· DON’T make it too long. The number One rule of any wedding speech? Keeping it short and sweet. This is valid for anyone giving a speech at your wedding, and you make no exception. Depending on how many speeches there will be, each of them shouldn’t last more than 4-10 minutes.
· DON’T make inside jokes. They might be funny to you, your SO, and a couple of other guests, but most of the other people will simply feel left out.
· DON’T make offensive jokes. No matter how funny it may be to tell a story, think of whether or not it will make anyone present at the wedding feel offended or uncomfortable. You want your wedding speech to make people feel good, not awkward in the slightest of ways!
Looking for the best wedding specialists in New Mexico? Contact New Mexico Wedding Expos & Guide right now and come visit our next bridal exhibition! We have gathered the best of the best in the entire area, so you will never be disappointed by the quality of our wedding specialists’ services!