We know your bride-to-be will appreciate all the help you can give with planning the wedding. Following is a list of planning details easily handled by the groom.
Jeweler _____________________________________ Phone________________
Formal Wear Shop ____________________________ Phone ________________
Travel Agency _______________________________ Phone ________________
Wedding Site _______________________________ Phone ________________
Restaurant ___________________________________ Phone ________________
• Select formal wear.• Decide division of financial obligations.• Set Budget. • Set appointment with clergyman.• Prepare your guest list.• Choose your best man and ushers (one usher per 50 guests).• Plan your honeymoon.• Check passports and visas
• Buy wedding rings & order engraving.• Find a new place to live. • Shop for new home furnishings.• Make reservations for honeymoon.• Have a complete physical exam and update your immunizations.• Set appointments for blood test (requirements vary from state to state).• Shop for clothing for wedding trip.
• Set date with your fiance to get marriage license (state laws vary as to time of validity). See marriage license requirements for getting married in Albuquerque and getting a marriage license in Santa Fe.
• Make reservations for rehearsal dinner. • Select your bride’s gift and gifts for your attendants.• Review legal, medical and church documents.• Find lodging for out-of-town guests.• Reserve limousine or arrange special transportation for bridal couple and wedding party.• Confirm honeymoon details and reservations.
• Arrange to move your belongings to new home. • Plan bachelor party or dinner.• Schedule hair-styling appointment.
• Confirm time and place of wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner with all attendants.• Give final guest count to restaurant. • Pick up wedding rings. • Pick up your formal wear. • Give best man clergyman’s fee in sealed envelope for delivery. • Pack for honeymoon.
Relax, you’ve been a big help! For more hints, come to one of wedding shows!